Sunday, August 7, 2011

98.6

        98.6-normal body temperature right! As I sit here with a ice pack on both knees and a pkg, of frozen peas on my head trying to get back to normal temp. I realize I did something this evening that I had never done before, I ran when the temp. was over 100 deg. In all my years of running I had never done this before( except for a few times when I was much younger and they are not to be counted or discussed because 1-they weren't training runs 2. this blog is rated G and 3-my daughter reads this blog.).
       I have been riding the stationary bike for the last 2 days but when I got home from work this evening I just wanted to run. It was 102, 5 which is better than 107 so I thought why not. It was only a 5k run but it was a run and actually I did not feel that bad. I keep saying to myself that in 6 to 8 weeks it is going to cool off.  All I can say is to stay focused and Hydrate-Hydrate-Hydrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment