Sunday, September 11, 2011

Take the Money and Run

    Let me first say that in this blog "Take the Money and Run" is a good thing and I will explain. I spent another Sat. morning running with the Mckinney "Team in Training". In case you do not know TNT is a orginization that raises money for lukemia research thru running, cycling and other events. It is a great organization.
    I first saw the "Purple" singlets and race tops at many of the races I ran in but hardly gave them a second thought. Oh sure I knew they were running for a charity but hey it didn't involve me so after the races were over I quickly forgot about them. That all changed when my daughter Jessica became involved. When she 1st told me she was running the White Rock Half Marathon my only thoughts were about her as a runner but that all quickly changed.
    It was natural for me to want to run with Jessica so I went with her to her TNT training run one Sat. morning and it was an eye opener.  I met her coaches and mentors but most importantly I met a group of people who had come together to face an incredible challenge for one reason. They were there to raise money to put and to a terrible disease that has struck someone close to you. I am in awe every time I go run with them.
   This is Jessica's 3rd year to a TNT runner so this is my third year to run with them. I cannot pass one of those "purple" singlets without saying "Go Team". This brings me back to the title of this blog today-I urge each and every one to donate to this cause so the "Team" can take your money and run with it and help find a cure for this thing we call cancer. If you are running in or a spectator at a race and you see one of those purple singlets out there shout out a "Go Team". They will know you are supporting them and just might get them thru a bad spot in their race,

No comments:

Post a Comment