Saturday, October 8, 2011

"Still Crazy After All These Years"

   I wasn't going to post anything until after the Tyler race tomorrow but after reading all the different runner comments about crazy, weird, strange, and insane I had to put my  two cents in.I think back to when I 1st started training in 1989(2nd go-round of running) and now I see that all the little quirks I had seem to be common in the running community.
   It seems like all the little "goofy" things I was doing weren't so goofy after all, Reading facebook I can see that all runners go thru some sort "preparation" for each race and sometimes even for training runs. I know I still get excited and a little nervous before each race. If I stop doing this then it is time for me to quit racing. Some of the things that I do have changed and some of them have stayed constant for the last 22 years. At least now thanks to Facebook I know I am not alone in doing what I do.
    So whether you have been running forever or you have just recently taken it up-Remember you are not alone-We are normal, it's everybody else thats strange!
    "Runners-Yea we're different"-to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment