Sunday, May 22, 2011

Light My Fire!

Lately my runs have been a little sluggish and I am not sure why. I was staring a 9 mi. run in the face so I knew I needed something to light a fire under me(now you get the title). Time to go from my training playlist to my race playlist. On my training MP-3 I have all my cd's downloaded but on my race Oakley's I have only 50's, 60's, and real early 70's music. I mean if you can't pick up the pace when you hear Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels blasting out "Devil with Blue Dress On " then something is wrong.
      Needless to say I had a much better run today and now I think I can go back to my regular playlist for my easy training workouts and use my race playlist for my speed and hill workouts. This worked out so good I even think I will start using music for all my post titles. I am sure that at some point in my runs a certain song or lyric will standout and it will make a great title.

No comments:

Post a Comment