Friday, May 13, 2011

Whatever Happened to the Easy Runs?

What a difference 20+ years make. When I 1st started running it was so easy to run after work. I couldn't wait to get home, lace up the shoes and hit the pavement. It didn't matter what kind of workout-easy,speed, tempo,hills, or a long run-"it just didn't matter". Now I come home(trying not to talk myself out of running while I'm driving home-thank goodness it's only a 25 min.drive) and struggle just to put my shoes on. The runs seem harder to get thru also and all I am running are easy runs that aren't so easy anymore.
    The question comes to mind if it hurts so much then why do I do it, I could say that what doesn't kill you makes you better but the real reason is simple. I still feel a great sense of accoplishment and pride everytime I finish a run no matter the distance or time.

No comments:

Post a Comment